Pages

September *Currently*

I'm here early on a holiday morning to link up with Farley over at Oh Boy, 4th Grade for her fun Currently party.  Thanks for hosting, Farley!



Listening:  I'm at our family's lake house for the holiday weekend.  I can see the lake front while sitting on the porch.  It's always so nice waking up to the sound of boats and skiers on the lake. 

Loving: I've been F&P testing since school started.  The little readers that come into my room to get tested are so adorable, but listening to the same stories and asking the same questions over and over gets a little mundane, let alone sitting in a chair all day, which I'm so not used to doing.  Throughout the summer, I was on the move everyday, all day, hanging with my little wild ones. 

Thinking: I got a manicure and pedicure at the start of summer, but since it was a busy one with the kids,  I never made it back.  A little "Mama-pampering" is always a good thing, so I'm thinking...bring it on! 

Wanting:  It's a tad darker outside this morning than I'd like.  I'm noticing some big clouds rolling in, so I'm wanting them to roll a bit faster out of town.  We'd love to make it onto the boat for another long, lazy day swimming along the sandbar. 

Needing:  How did September get here so fast?  Another school year has started, which is unbelievable.  Once Halloween makes it's debut, I feel like all of the major holidays come and go too quickly. At Hobby Lobby the other day, I noticed Christmas items already perched on the shelves.  Christmas, people!  Life, please slow down.  How is it that I've been teaching 19 years already, but I'm still only 25 years old? ;) (not really, of course)

3 Trips: Now that I have kids, our trips consist of camping and the lake house, which are both close to home.  However, one day in the future, I'd love love to visit London, Sydney and Tahiti.  They seem like glorious places.  Visiting them with my amazing best friend and hubby would allow for some great memories to be made. 

Well, Happy Labor Day and don't forget to stop by Oh Boy, 4th Grade





14 comments:

  1. Lake house sounds like so much fun! Some of my favorite childhood memories are from weekends at the lake. I hope it stays sunny for you!

    Sweet Tea and Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! Yes, I'm blessed my family has a lake house for us all to enjoy. :)

      Delete
  2. Isn't testing just the worst? Yuck. Good luck with getting it all finished so you can move on to better things!
    I could totally go for a day of pampering too!
    Sounds like you're enjoying your weekend,
    Sarah from Mrs. Jones Teaches :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, testing is ugh. Hope you get some much-needed pampering, too! ;)

      Delete
  3. I would love to spend a weekend at a Lake House! I don't think my husband would want to do that though. I start back to school tomorrow. I do not even have kids until Thursday! I just went on a dream vacation to London. It was amazing! I'd go again in a heartbeat. It had been my dream vacation since I was 16. I hope you get to go there one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm jealous in the nicest of ways that you went to London! People I know that have visited agree that it's amazing. Thanks for your hopes to get me to London! ;)

      Delete
  4. Mama pampering is always a good thing! Make that appointment!
    Mrs. Olson’s Lucky Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie. I think I'll make that appointment tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by our blog! :)

      Delete
  5. A weekend at a lake house sounds wonderful! Hopefully you can get some much needed pampering time soon!
    Teaching, Love, Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, the weather turned out nicely, so we're having a wonderful time! Thanks, Princess! ;)

      Delete
  6. Happy labor day! Glad you were able to get away for a couple of days! I stayed home, but definitely caught up on sleep and relaxing :)

    I agree that the days are going by too fast, slow down time! But I wish you a fabulous new school year, bloggin buddy.

    Ventaneando: A Window Into First Grade Bilingüe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my blogging pal! Wishing you a fabulous start to the year. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh my - so want a lake house - definitely on my bucket list! Where is your family's place? How fun for your kiddos to have great family memories at the lakehouse growing up!

    I also saw Christmas Candles out at TJ Maxx today! It is pretty crazy...the pumpkin spice lattes are back at sbux (but I read an article about how they're SOOOO bad for you - so I"m going to just keep it to one or two this season!

    Have a great week! I"ll be doing TONS of FnP Testing, too. I hear ya, girl!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's very unfortunate how all of those wonderful-tasting, holiday-themed drinks are loaded with such flavor exploding goodness, but at the same time awful-for-you ingredients!! They'll still taste amazing in moderation. Good luck F&P testing! ;)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment. Come back for a visit sometime soon, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...