Pages

November *Currently*


I'm linking up with Farley for November's *Currently*.  Even though Halloween just ended yesterday, Thanksgiving will be here as quick as a wink!  November is a good time for self reflection and giving thanks.  I have much to be thankful for in my life.  Taking time out each day to count my blessings keeps my world in perspective.  I can't believe how fast the school year is already going by and I'm a year older as of this past week.  Time sure flies.  I guess it only flies when you're having fun, so that means I'm having fun...always a bonus.  

 


Listening: My kids had their first *real* Halloween this year and had a blast, even though it was snowing a bit, 37 degrees and windy.  At the age of three, they finally understand the Halloween excitement of going door to door to receive FREE candy if they say "Trick-or-Treat" and "Thank you".  It's fun listening to them going through their candy baskets with the "Ooh!" and "Whoa!" sound effects.
Loving: I'm loving the fact my family is supportive, thoughtful, generous, kind, forgiving, etc.  This list never ends.  I'm so lucky to have them.  Even though I'm grateful for them year-round, November is a nice month to give them a special *shout-out*! ;) XO  

Thinking: When I think about my husband, I smile.  I'm so glad to have married my best friend.  For my birthday, he surprised me with a little dining adventure.  We restaurant-hopped for the different courses of the meal.  It certainly was a wonderful evening. :)
Wanting: My husband and I are both teachers.  Each year we head out of town with the in-laws on vacation over Spring Break.  I'm really wanting my spring break to match up with my husband's, but that's not going to be the case, unfortunately.  This is the first year, in quite a few years, we don't have the same Spring Break schedules.  His school has break in March and my break falls in early April.  Oh well.  Maybe we'll get something planned for the summer vacation-wise. :)

Needing: Hello.  My name is Colleen Noffsinger.  I am a book addict.  When looking through Scholastic book order forms, I feel I need almost every single book in the catalog.  Does this happen to you?  I've apparently passed this trait onto my own kids as well.  We circle, circle, circle all of the books we *need* to read during story time in our home.  Even though the majority of the books can be found at the library, there's something about having them on the bookshelves in our home to read whenever we fancy.  Being able to purchase the books is just another thing on my *grateful for* list... 

Reading: My kids' favorite book for the past month was Just Say Boo!  Even though a new month started and Halloween ended, it was still read at story time today. :)

Hope you have a fantastic November and count your blessings!  Head on over to Oh Boy 4th Grade to link up with Farley to share your Currently...

Have a great weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! I am such a book collector, too! My classroom library had hundreds of books, but they were never enough. Now I read via Kindle. Instant download is my friend. Or is it? LOL

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone in my book addiction! ;) Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Suzanne. Happy November!

      Delete
  2. I love the restaurant hopping idea! What a fun way to spend your birthday. Sorry about your spring break. Hopefully you'll be able to do something fun this summer.

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan! It was such a fun birthday celebration/date night. We plan to do it again soon. Yes, hopefully, we'll get out and about this summer on a family vacation. Who knows? Maybe we'll squeeze one in over the winter break. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Colleen! I found your blog through the currently link up! I know exactly how you feel when it comes to scholastic books! How can you not order those books?!?! What a cute idea for a birthday! Where was your favorite course and what was it?! I'm so glad I found your blog! Have a wonderful November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan! Besides being addicted to books, I'm addicted to sushi, so my favorite course was the appetizer at Bistro Nami Sushi. MmmmMmmm fabulous! ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I'm a book collector, too. I love to read. It's insane! After I read a book, if it is really fantastic I get too sentimental to throw it away. It's a terrible cycle. Fortunately, I have been reading on my nook for the last couple years. I have a huge collection on my computer, but it takes up no space at all. I have to admit, though, I buy paperbacks or hardcovers of books I have read on my nook and loved. I know, it's like buying them twice. Sigh. I am currently buying tons and tons of books for my little guy. I hope he loves them as much as I do!

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS- I'm a new follower. I found you through Farley's link up. Your blog is super cute!!

      Mandy
      Caffeine and Lesson Plans

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Mandy! I'm your newest follower, too. I left some comments on your blog. Thank goodness for Currently! I've found a new friend to follow. :)

      Delete
  5. Great picture of you at your birthday dinner! And books... We didn't have many in my house growing up, so now I go a bit overboard when my kids bring home the order form or I send them out to my class. Wishing you a fantastic Sunday with your family!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books, book, books- we have tons! I'm trying (and have succeeded thus far) to instill a love of books in my little ones. I want them to be successful readers when they enter kindergarten! ;) Thanks for stopping by, Alyce. Have a great Sunday, too!

      Delete
  6. I love your date night idea! I will have to work on setting one up for my hubby! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend restaurant-hopping! It was a blast. ;)

      Delete
  7. omg I can't believe you got your currently posted fourth out of all the bloggers who link up with Farley...you are totes amazeballs!
    You're so right about being thankful, and this is a perfect time to count our blessings. I have lots to be thankful for, including sharing blogging with great new friends! :-)
    Happy weekend!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks Michelle! I'm thankful for blogging and new friends, too. ;)

      Delete
  8. Your minis look so adorable dressed up! I've been counting down the days until the book fair comes to my school in a couple of weeks. Who can say no to a good book?
    Teaching, Love, Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Princess! They certainly loved Halloween and dressing up. :) Yep, I bought a handful of books at the book fair last week. I'm really excited about comparing The Three Ninja Pigs with other versions of The Three Pigs. It's an adorable book! Book fairs and new books are always a great thing! ;)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment. Come back for a visit sometime soon, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...