Pages

Viva Las Vegas! TpT Conference 2015 Linky Party

I'm linking up with Elementary Entourage to share a peek into some of the fun I had in Las Vegas, Nevada for the #TpTVegas15 Conference.  I learned so much in such a short amount of time and met tons of wonderful people.  If I could have attended every TpT session and talked with each blogger at the conference, I would have done so.  This community of teachers is so energizing, motivating and uplifting.

I arrived in Las Vegas onTuesday.  Since the conference was held during the week of my my 7th wedding anniversary, my husband joined me so we could celebrate together before and after the conference.  #MyOneAndOnly

We hung at our hotel pool for part of the day, then went gambling at the Venetian later in the evening.  Just so you know, I am NOT a true gambler.  I put a $5 bill into the quarter slots.  After spending $0.75, I won $16!  I immediately cashed out and claimed my winnings.  I figured I'd quit while I was ahead.  My husband just shook his head with a smirk.  He knows I'd rather spend my money on shoes, clothes and, of course, TpT products for my classroom. :) 
Early evening on Wednesday, I met up with some amazing ladies I collaborate with from The Reading Crew Facebook group at the Grab and Gab Teacher Blogger Meet-Up hosted by Bridget from Literacy Without Worksheets.  She's the sweetest.  Alongside Bridget was Carla from Comprehension Connection.  Carla has been a huge support to me in my literacy endeavors.  I participated in my first blog hop last Fall, which was organized by Carla.  It was exciting to meet her in person. :)   

The following morning, I joined Carla to meet even more members of The Reading Crew for an early breakfast before TpT's networking event.  A few of our crew members were unable to attend the breakfast, or Vegas all together, due to previous engagements.  We certainly missed them, but knew they were with us in spirit.  I especially missed Michelle from BigTime Literacy who is one of my favorite bloggers.  I'm sure she'll be in the picture next year. :) 

After breakfast, the crew headed over to the networking event held by TpT.  I met many of my favorite teacher bloggers there.  Our conversations were enlightening and some of my online teacher friends became friends in real life.  I was unable to get pictures with everyone I met, but I managed to snag a few of my favorites!
Melissa from Mrs. Dailey's Classroom, Princess from Teaching Love Cupcakes, Kayla from Top Dog TeachingKrista from Creative Clips 
Aly from Just a Primary Girl, Miss Giraffe from Miss Giraffe's Class, Alexis from Eat, Laugh, Learn, Emily from Polkadots Please, Diane from One Giggle at a Time, Crystal from The Balanced Teacher
Bridget from Literacy Without Worksheets, Wendy from Ms. D's Literacy Lab, Kristin from Ms. Jordan Reads, Rachel from Minds in Bloom, Carla from Comprehension Connection, Melissa from A Teaspoon of Teaching, Farley from Oh Boy Fourth Grade, Mindy from Mrs. Thomas' Teachable Moments, Janiel from Janiel's Literacy Page
After much learning over two days, I attended the TpT Happy Hour to meet A Traveled Teacher, Cristy from Kindergarten Squared, Brittany from Tickled Pink in Primary, and Jessica from Mrs. Plemon's Kindergarten for some PhotoBooth fun!  By the end of the two and a half days, the amount of blogger cards I collected was astounding.  I bet I have at least 100 cards from amazing TpT-ers and bloggers! 

Besides the fact it's fun meeting great people, my take-aways from the conference include some quotes and TpT tips from the sessions I attended. 
Quotes from the Welcome TpT Keynote Presentation
Slides from Deanna Jump's and Deedee Willis' Session: Did I Really Sell That??!!
(The second slide makes me laugh!)
Slide from Erin Cobb's Session: From Teacher to Teacherprenuer 
(and Teacher Seller Planner below to keep me on my toes!)
Slide from Stephanie Stewart's Session: Core Creations
Slide from Hadar Maor's Session: Instagram Your Brand One Picture at a Time
Overall, I'm grateful and blessed to have been able attend the TpT Conference 2015.  Thank you to Lockless Creations, Teaching Super Power and KG Fonts for the clipart and fonts in my collages!




8 comments:

  1. I've been waiting and waiting and Waiting to hear all about your trip bc I knew you had so many more pics that you were keeping for this post! I'm so glad you had such a great time and met lots of our people! I told a bunch of people in my Illinois Writing Project how I was so sad to have missed the conference! Thanks for the shout out, too.... I love to collaborate with you, my friend! :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be there next year, I just know it!! I have so many posts in "draft' with so little time to blog. Ugh. I hope to have your writing skills one day VERY SOON! Lol. :) Love collaborating with you, too!

      Delete
  2. I loved your post Colleen and your blog is darling!!! I agree...energizing, motivating, and uplifting! xxoo,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, energizing, motivating and uplifting! You're part of that community, Diane. It was so nice meeting you! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad we got to meet each other in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun hanging with you for the two days, Princess! I'm so glad we got to meet! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like so much fun! I hope to go next year!

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do go to Vegas next year, Katie! It's a blast and definitely a learning experience! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment. Come back for a visit sometime soon, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...