Only one day left of BigTime Literacy's Blogging Challenge hosted by Michelle! 30 days have flown by so fast!! Check out Michelle's post today on "letters from the Teacher's Desk". She discusses an opportunity to link up with BigTime Literacy for more fun in the future!
Day 30: Create a "Someday" list: what do you want to get to someday? (Personal or Professional)
I know this is just the starting point of my "Someday" list. The list contains not necessarily what I want to get as the prompt states, but what I consider professional and personal goals. I feel some of my goals can be checked off sooner, rather than later, which is a great feeling. The best part about a "Someday" list is once a goal from the list is accomplished, it allows room for new challenges, hopes and dreams to be added! However, I must be honest and say some of the goals are outside of my comfort zone and may take a little encouragement from my inner voice to just take a leap of faith. As the quote states above: "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." So, here I go...
|I added this quote because the first few|
things on my "Someday" list need support
and possible funding from my administration to accomplish.
I would like to:
- Become trained in Reading Recovery (I'd LOVE to learn all I can about the techniques used in the Reading Recovery format!)
- Attend the Illinois Reading Conference annually (I love getting professionally developed so I can pay it forward to others!)
- Co-organize and plan for professional development sessions with my new reading team to present within, as well as outside of my school district
|Image from aspirewellnessblog.com|
|Image from yuganthijayasinghe.blogspot.com|
I feel the urge to:
- Open a Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT) store (I think the creativity posted in TpT is amazing!)
- Create tons of valuable products for my TpT store that can be used by teachers worldwide (I've already started!)
- Read additional books targeted at improving my knowledge as a Reading Specialist- Any recommendations?
- Connect with more Reading Specialist and Literacy Coaches through blogging, Social Media and Professional Development opportunities
- Read additional books that have nothing to do with my job (For example: Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic to the Stars hits shelves in the Fall of 2014. It's frivolous reading, but I adore it.)
- Partake in more date nights with my husband
- Be blessed with carefree days spent with my friends and family more often (I am fortunate and grateful for the many I've already had, though!)
So, there you have it...a few things on my "Someday" list that I'd like to start accomplishing today.
|Image from pinkchocolatebreak.com|